Need eggspert advice re: Silkie hen

henaynei

Songster
9 Years
I bought a trio of Silkie chicks a year ago. Turned out to Be a trio and supposedly from the same parental pairing. Got a black, a grey and a very light buff. The black is the rooster.
Shortly after the day started to lengthen I started getting little blue green eggs about every other day. I thought both hens were laying.
But this week I’ve started getting a slightly larger beige egg as well. The problem is that every time these eggs are laid they are slightly bloody. Bear in mind that I’m a nurse and what is slightly bloody to me likely is “very bloody” to others. I think it is the smaller of the two hens that is laying these eggs.
I’m working so I don’t get to watch them much during the day but what I do see neither hen seems to be acting differently
1) should I be worried
2) worried or not is there something I should/could do to help her and possibly forestall a disaster? Or is this just the “maiden blues?”

Last edited:
I bought a trio of Silkie chicks a year ago. Turned out to Be a trio and supposedly from the same parental pairing. Got a black, a grey and a very light buff. The black is the rooster.
Shortly after the day started to lengthen I started getting little blue green eggs about every other day. I thought both hens were laying.
But this week I’ve started getting a slightly larger beige egg as well. The problem is that every time these eggs are laid they are slightly bloody. Bear in mind that I’m a nurse and what is slightly bloody to me likely is “very bloody” to others. I think it is the smaller of the two hens that is laying these eggs.
I’m working so I don’t get to watch them much during the day but what I do see neither hen seems to be acting differently
1) should I be worried
2) worried or not is there something I should/could do to help her and possibly forestall a disaster? Or is this just the “maiden blues?”
1) should I be worried
2) worried or not is there something I should/could do to help her and possibly forestall a disaster? Or is this just the “maiden blues?”[/QUOTE Since you asked for a expert .The Roosters eggs could look like that if their not use to laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom