Need female button quail

charla491

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 25, 2014
I just acquired 7 button quail that were free to good home. I had to separate one of the males because he was being brutalized and has no feathers on his back. He is now lonely. I am in the central florida area Davenport and would like to know if anyone has a female for sale or would like the poor boy. Thanks.

do you have a photo it could be a female that is being over bred. too many males to females in the group. I am from the old school that thinks buttons should be kept in single pairs. there are lots of reasons but over mating is one of them. I do know someone in Florida but I am not sure just where she is I will check on face book and let you know her web site. she has some she is trying to get rid of. lol maybe you got them from her!?! anyway. try posting a photo and we will see if we agree that it is a male. thanks and good luck.

I checked and she is in Tallahassee so a bit too far but good luck finding more.

Last edited:
Thanks I'm having a tough time getting a pic. I was able to find 2 girls and one boy in spring hill.

I got a pic let's see if I can upload.

nice black faced red breasted male for sure. I would try introducing him to the new female(one). I set two cages next to each other for 48 hours or more then at bedtime I introduce them both to a new enclosure and cover them for the night. My birds are covered every night to keep them from calling when the sun rises and I am not risen yet! good luck.

Back
Top Bottom