NEED FEMALE DUCKS

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by HOPE'S FLOCK, Jun 18, 2017.

1. HOPE'S FLOCK

HOPE'S FLOCK New Egg

Jun 18, 2017
    Hi my name is Hope and I purchased 11 ducklings from tractor supply and ended up with 4 boys and 7 girls. The males have just gotten in their curly tail feathers and I can tell I need more females. I have plenty of space for more and I work from home so I spend a lot of time with my chickens and ducks. My ducks are pets and we eat eggs. We will not be eating the ducks, but I want to keep them all healthy and happy and I do not want to have to get rid of any of my boys. I live in northeast georgia and I have scouted craigslist for weeks and am looking into other options. I would like to get at least 4 or 5 more females, preferably around 4 mths old or older. My ducks are almost 4 months old. Does anyone live in Georgia or south tennessee or south north carolina and have any ducks for sale or adoption? I can promise the ducks will be spoiled absolutely rotten as all of mine already are! thanks in advance for any assistance. Also, thanks to everyone who posts on this website. I have just joined, but I have learned so much over the past 6 months from reading various posts!

TyKyra Lancaster likes this.
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

3. GeeGi

GeeGi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    Anybody in Oklahoma? I have the same problem. ..i only have 3 but all are males and are a little over 3 months. ☺

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Both of you might try going to your state thread at "where am I where are you" asking there.

casportpony and GeeGi like this.
  5. GeeGi

GeeGi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    Ahhh...why didn't I think of that?! Thank you!!

6. firestomp

firestomp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2016
    Indianapolis
    giving up 2 males will be the cheapest for you, and safest for the hens. If you need sexed ducks, Stromberg's Hatchery is the answer, they are a very old and reliable company. I had worse luck than you with straight run from TSC. I got 8 khaki females at $16.12 each included shipping from Stromberg's, look them up or I can get the number for you. All in perfect shape.

GeeGi likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by