Need fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by egglady115, Jan 3, 2014.

1. egglady115

egglady115 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    Is there anyone in the Jacksonville, NC area that may have fertilized eggs for sale?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have you tried posting on the North Carolina thread?

3. egglady115

egglady115 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    I didn't know there was a specific thread by state. Thanks

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Go to the "Social" forum, click on 'Where am I? Where are you' and locate your state thread. Good luck.

5. AmieH

AmieH Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2014
    Jacksonville Nc
    I too live in Jacksonville and have been excited to start my own flock. After going to tractor supply and being disappointed, they redirected me to Fancy Feather Farms. Apparently if you want a specific breed with Tractor Supply, you need to buy 25 chicks... and I am just not interested in that many. At any rate, Hope is the woman's name. She has a facebook page as well, but here is her information.
    I called her just to find out about the chickens she has available and 30 minutes later I was full of information on chickens. She is a very passionate woman about her chickens and she is just down right funny. I will be meeting with her this weekend.

1368 Onslow Pines Rd, Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540(910) 545-4007

6. AmieH

AmieH Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2014
    Jacksonville Nc
    Sorry, this information may post twice, but in case it doesn't...

After trying to get N.H. Reds or RI Reds from Tractor Supply I was informed that I needed to special order 25 chicks. I am just beginning a new flock here and that is just WAY too many. I was redirected to Hope, who runs Fancy Farms in Jacksonville. She is hysterical and highly informative. I called just to find out if she has what I need (she has RI Reds) and a half hour later I was filled with a vast amount of information. I am finishing my coop this weekend and expect to meet with her to get my chickens. Her information is as follows:

Please use the private message system to provide personal, private, contact information. Do not post contact information on a public forum on the World Wide Web. Not a good practice. Moderation Staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by