need good home for sweet lap-roo

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by islandchick, Aug 2, 2007.

1. islandchick

islandchick In the Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Oak Island, NC
    Hi, this is my first post ever and i am so distressed. Came home from vacation and my favorite hen is a roo. He is SO beautiful, grey, white, black and green ameracauna? and so sweet (nicer than my hens!!). I have a very small backyard and figures one out of five would be a roo. Is this common? (bought from local hardware/feed store). ANYONE out there that could take him off my hands? Any suggestions on other ways to find a taker? Oh yeah, I am in Southeastern NC and would drive a great distance to give him to you! (his name is grey, named by my 5 year old) Thanks

2. wren

wren Songster

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    I'd take him but you are so far away! [​IMG]

I'm in Iowa and I have 6 EE hens.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. islandchick

Aug 2, 2007
    Oak Island, NC
    oh thank you, I guess I can't get to Iowa. I need to figure out how to post pics because he is so awesome. My hens should lay any day, I just switched their food today. I am so rediculas loving these chickens but really stressed out about my rooster.

4. wren

wren Songster

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Friends of mine just came back here from Nantucket too.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

6. islandchick

Aug 2, 2007
    Oak Island, NC
    thank you so much, I went right there and registered so hopefully I can post something soon. I wish there was a way to keep him from crowing because I REALLY want to keep him!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: