Need grounding rod ideas for electric netting (3ft grounding rod)

hayley3

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Premier Fence wants $20 to ship a 3ft grounding rod which I think is absurd....so was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions. I've been using something a guy gave me but it really doesn't work that well. It has to be something that I can hammer in the ground.

Thanks,
Cheryl

You can try to pound in a 1/2 inch steel rod 4 foot length, into ground. Available for about $9 cash and carry from Home Depot. I know that most of the grounding rods, are copper plated, and Pricey, but bare steel should work for you. A galvanized steel pipe should work as well. You do need to make sure that your connection to wire is nice and clean.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

That will be the last one you have to buy.
You'll spend more $ on rebar in a few years.
Copper ain't cheap.

Poor Ground No Electric No Chickens.
They gotta be worth $20.

This Damn Car I bought ....
They want me to put $40 of gas in it now?

Sorce

Thanks to everyone who replied.

The reason I was complaining is the ground rod is only $6 and shipping is $20. Just seemed excessive to me. I just purchased a cast iron meat grinder and they are only charging me $15 to ship and it weighs 20 lbs. If I feel the shipping is excessive I look for another avenue.

Also I live far away from Home Depot etc, and I don't have much strength to drive in a 6 or 8 ft post myself and don't know how I would cut one in half. I'm moving soon, back to civilization. Can't wait!

I did find a T-post with $9 shipping at RedstoneSupply.com

But my main reason for asking is I know many of you are creative and it never hurts to ask if you've found something cheaper/better that I don't know about. :)

I use T shaped grounding rods. I get them at Runnings Farm & Fleet. Any ground rod will do. I’ve even used a steel tent stake. Naturally longer is better, but sensitive noses will avoid any shock.

I will have to take a picture of what this guy gave me when I pull it from the ground. I have no idea what it is, but I did see it at Orscheln's.

Back
Top Bottom