Need hatching help. thanks alot

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MMPoultryFarms, Sep 13, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Ok so heres my problem my broodie hen decided being broody wasnt for her. I have some eggs in the bator on day 7 she has been setting on them about 5 days now off and on then she just qui can i add these 16 eggs in the bator or are they hopeless now?

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    If she's not going to sit on them then I would add them. What's the worse that can happen? They don't hatch. So, you already know she's not going to do the job, so give it a try. After a few days candle them and see if they are moving around inside. It will just be a staggered hatch since you already have eggs in there.

3. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I agree with the last post.....you have nothing to lose and they still have a good chance of hatching.

Let us know how you get on,

Sandie

4. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    thanks everyone and will do there all special project birds for meaties. buckeye over WPR Buckeye over DC BPB over WPB RiR over BPR and some cochin black roo on buff laced and black on black. should be an interesting hatch. oh i forgot to metion my WLH [​IMG] 60 eggs now in bator wish us luck. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:I believe in never giving up on a hatch until enough time has passed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by