Need help/ advice with a baby chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by arnr1530, Mar 24, 2013.

1. arnr1530

arnr1530 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    I'm really hoping that my baby girl is OK but it has me a bit worried so i wanna see if anyone has any advice for me......

i have 6 chicks 2 RIR's and 4 Brahmas the reds are 8 wks old, 3 Brahmas are 7 wks old and the littlest one that i am worried about is 6 wks old!
    she has developed slower then the rest of my chickens she still doesn't have all her feathers she is just finally getting them all to come in she has the feathers on her feet.... I'm concerned cause she well i went to pick her up the other day and she didn't let out a loud chirp like the rest she seemed to just have a suttle chirp like she lost her voice???? when i let them out of the coop in the morning she doesn't run out like the rest she hangs out in the coop she does go out once in a while and she eats great and drinks great no problems there just concerned with her development and her not wanting to go out like the rest of the girls n my roo???

does anyone have any advice for me or just let me know if she is ok ? i have posted a resent pic of her below [​IMG]

2. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

3. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Hmm,...is she pretty active when inside with the other birds? I don't know what would do that, but some birds aren't totally feathered until 8 weeks, so perhaps she is just a later bloomer. She might be friendlier as well which would negate the chirp when you pick her up...have you seen any of her poops? Because if the poops are normal, activity and movement are normal, eating and drinking are normal then I would say she's alright, but I'm pretty new to having chickens myself, so I don't know all that much. Perhaps someone else that knows more than I do can add something. Perhaps it is nothing, but if it is something it will show itself pretty quickly. Chickens don't stay kind of sick for long. They either are, or they aren't.

4. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina

yea she is really really normal she just doesnt go out as much as they do she isnt really social with me she isnt afraid of me like my others arent either they all come running to me in the morning to eat or get a snack they all arent very big at being held LOL........she kinda stays back when all the craziness is going on but she eats and all that stuff normally she was the last to start getting feathers and is a wk n 2 wks behind my others!! thank you for the advice

5. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    that pic is about a wk old she is actually bigger then that and more feathers on her but her back and belly are bald just a little fluff

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by