1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Help and Advice!! Fighting for Hens in Lakewood, Ohio!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Tootie23, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Tootie23

Tootie23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Lakewood, Oh
    Hello BYC!

I live in Lakewood,Oh we are not allowed to have chickens. I am fighting for the right to have them and I need help. We are in the process of writing a proposal for a few of us to keep backyard hens as a pilot project AND Then we have to write an ordinance!
    I need to have answers to a few questions. So please help or point me in the right direction if you can.

1. If someone decided they don't want hens any more is there any place in NE ohio that takes in hens or unwanted Roosters?(don't know where to start looking)
    2. If we are forbidden from processing chickens in our yards or garages, does anyone know of a location in NE Ohio (Lakewood is near Cleveland) that might do it?
    3. If we are not allowed to compost droppings in our yard (Yes Lakewood sucks!) Can you just throw chicken poop away? Health hazards?

Thank you all! And please wish us luck!

Reese

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by