Need Help ASAP - chickens hatching all over the place...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hiltonchick, May 30, 2008.

1. Hiltonchick

Hiltonchick Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2008
    New York
    I have eggs that are actively hatching, the problem is that the eggs are in an egg carton in the incubator, the hatched chickens are sleeping on top of the pipped eggs and 2 chicks are trying to get out. Will they be okay, I can't open the bator to move the hatched chicks to the side????

Do I let nature take its course?

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Are the hatched chicks dry? If so, just reach in very quickly and take them out, and try not to let the humidity drop too much. If not, then leave them in there. I find that if I peep at them, or tap on the incubator, they get up and move around. Or if there's a vent-hole, you can sometimes gently prod them off of the other eggs. [​IMG]
    Good luck!
    And congratulations!

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Yep, I agree with the Mrs. Mine sat on the pipped eggs only!!! It was frustrating, trying to see what was happening and seeing a wet baby instead!!! But, in the end, they hatched out fine! Good luck!! Steph

4. Hiltonchick

Hiltonchick Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2008
    New York
    Thanks, the 2 made it out okay, only 7 more to go!

humidity is high, there is condesation on the windows and both holes are open.....

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Good deal! You'll be buried in chicks in no time! [​IMG]

6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    the hatched ones are trying to coax the others out of there shells. Mine did the same. Cheep at em and they'll move

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by