1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEED HELP!!! ASAP!! EMERGENCY!!!! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Skitz, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I was adjusting the humidity for the eggs since its day 18 and I was candling the eggs when I saw that mostly were trying to rip the air sac so I was candling one and I heard a peep!!! [​IMG] Im worried that the humidity is too low! its at 39% but I added some water quickly and its still going up its at 44% right now! Im worried that he is going to since they said no to open the bator at all! but I had to adjust the humidity! =[ will he make it! its day 18 well its been day 19 since 3 hours ago. PLEASE HELP!!! Im getting a heart attack here! [​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

ITS REALLY NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!!!!! PUT THE TOP BACK ON THE INCUBATOR AND THEY SHOULD BE FINE!!!!!! YOUR TO YOUNG TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I am sure your eggs will be fine! I know it is a little scary when you are new to incubating! ANYONE can get a little excited! Just try not to open the bator any more! Good Luck! [​IMG]

I wonder what's going on with all this early hatching? Minea were early too, and mine are NEVER early!! I just saw that you are not new to incubating! Calm down! LOL

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    They should be fine. Up the humidity and keep an eye on them but they should hatch just fine.

Good luck and congrats on the about to be babies!

Sheila

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:well I think I over reacted since im excited [​IMG]

6. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    Fine to be excited.............Looking forward to hatch is one of the longest times there is.

Sheila

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    the humidity stayed at 51% so im adding a little more water and temp. is still going up, its at 97

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Im more excited since its the egg that my hen layed!!! some are mine and some are shipped! wow! my hen's egg lol! ( i think im over reacting again) lol

9. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Quote:Ok Are you sure it was a peep and not more of a toot that came from behind you? Was there a smell after the peep? Just playing with you. That does seem a bit unusual. You might have one that is planning to hatch a day or two early.

10. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote:Over reacting is part of the addiction! I get very excited every time mine hatch! You should have seen me the other day when my first ducks hatched!![​IMG] I needed something for my nerves!! When you quit getting excited is when I would worry!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by