Need help asap please-trouble with incubator, we're on day 19

FarmerWife

Songster
9 Years
Oct 27, 2010
Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble with our incubator, I don't understand why, it's brand new. I gave it to my daughter as a n early Christmas present. We're on day nineteen, we have removed the egg turner, and filled the second chamber, (It's a Hovabator Genesis), I put the lid back on, but all of a sudden the temps are fluctuating, and the humidity doesn't want to go over 48%, we live in NM, at about 40000 ft. , I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Can someone shed some light and help me please? I don't want the chicks to die this far into the incubation, I'm worried. Thanks in advance,

Dianna

Just in case do you know someone that can lend you one for the next three or four days. Also have you candled your eggs recently to see if there are actually chicks?

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for replying, it finally ended up going back to normal. I think it may because I had never completely taken the lid off like that, I would put water in the chamber, but would have the lid partially on. So it took a little while, but it's holding 99.5 degree's , and 65% humidity. Thank God. I was so worried, I had candled the eggs last night and saw movement in most of the eggs, some were questionable, but I left them anyway, just in case. I just went to check on things, and saw movement in three eggs, we're not due to hatch until tomorrow, but I guess this is normal?? Anyway, just wanted to update, and answer your reply, thanks again, hope you have a great week !! Will post and let you all know how the hatch turned out :) Dianna

Back
Top Bottom