Need help ASAP

hilari221

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Ok, we are planning on starting our chicken run today, so hubby is going for supplies soon. My biggest question.....what type of 2x4's do we get??? Pressure treated or not???? I googled it and fouls folks saying pressure treated is harmful! Ugh!

Ok, we are planning on starting our chicken run today, so hubby is going for supplies soon. My biggest question.....what type of 2x4's do we get??? Pressure treated or not???? I googled it and fouls folks saying pressure treated is harmful! Ugh!
any lumber that touches the ground must be pressure treated !!!! just do not let the chickens eat the saw dust and you will be ok

We utilized pressure treated lumber for the coop floor/supporting beams that run underneath the coop. (The coop is a shed kit) The floor was painted with multiple layers of paint, then covered with shavings. -not too concerned about any issue from the treated lumber there (and needed to build for long term use). Our run was constructed of cedar beams and pickets. -no pressure treated lumber in the run. This is just what we decided as the run can easily be replaced after some years if needed. -didn't want any more chemicals around than needed. Good luck with your construction!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom