need help building gravity waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by white ninja, Mar 7, 2014.

1. white ninja

white ninja Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    looking to build a 5 gallon waterer like a gravity waterer you buy at a farm ranch store just need instruction with pics to help me with build if possible, my pullets quail and ducks go thru 2 gallons a day sometimes i come home from work and there running on empty and paying 8 to 20 dollars for a bigger waterer isnt prefered when i have materials and the pullets are about to go free range in two weeks, ducks and quail another month.

2. headworm

headworm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

I bought one of these for 20 bucks on ebay and hooked it up to a 5 gallon bucket with a push on hose fitting built into the side. I cut off some of my garden hose to connect them. Works very well.
    It's great because to clean it, you wash the junk out with your hand and it fills up automatically again. As your flock grows you can just hook another waterer onto your tank. You could also just buy a float valve and convert some kind of container instead.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  3. white ninja

white ninja Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    mhm thats a great option ill look into it, i tryed makein a gravity water last night and flooded the shop on 2 trials and the 3rd gen worked im working on perfection now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by