need help buying new toaster oven

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by key west chick, Nov 30, 2010.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    So I want a new toaster oven for Christmas. Im looking for something that will toast 6 slices of bread at a time, convection, and around $100. Ive looked at reviews until Im going blind. Just when I think Ive decided on one, I change my mind. What do you guys have?

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    I had an old "black and decker" under cabinet model till it died. I could not find another one made now-a-days that's designed to hang under the counter. So I bought a stainless steel model and tied wired it to the old suspending harness from the "black and decker" model. Fire codes be darnnnned. I like the space saving under cabinet convenience.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have an Oster counter top model that I am quite pleased with. It is either a 6057 or 6058. Can't tell from the manual that came with it. It was about $75.00 and was rated well a year ago. I got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

It is made by Sunbeam originally. I like the convection oven speed, it holds 6 slices of toast and I enjoy the dehydrate function, too. Not like a regular oven in terms of size, but it works well for us. I have roasted a whole chicken, made jerky, and I use it to bake potatoes all the time. Comes with a nice little roasting/broiling pan, both rack and tray.

It's a bit of a pain to clean, but aren't they all? The digital keypad can be tricky, on mine you have to squint to read the labels.

On a scale on 10, I'd give it a 9.

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by