1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help choosing :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yoie, Feb 23, 2012.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I was at my MIL the other evening for dinner and I was talking to her about my chickens and ducks. What else do I talk about [​IMG] Anyway I was telling her about our group coming in next week consisting of chicks, ducklings, and goslings and how we are fixing up their new pens/coops and making the setup really nice. She then asked me if I would like a nice pair of ducks or chickens or whatever I wanted for Christmas, my choice [​IMG] She told me to do my research and get back to her. (As long as it's not some astronomical amount) She was hinting at something ornamental like ducks or geese. I really would love a pair of wood ducks (or similar), but not sure about the rules of keeping them. I also really like Sebastopol geese, Muscovy ducks, and I really love the look of Runner ducks. There are so many different ones to choose from, I just don't know where to start!

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    If it were me, I'd go with the Muscovies in a heart beat. But maybe that's just because I'm partial to them.... [​IMG]

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    How about some colorful Cochin bantams or Butterscotch Call Ducks? [​IMG]

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Now, I wonder why would you suggest those?[​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers