1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help- cleaning coop after dog killing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dawson55, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Dawson55

Dawson55 New Egg

Aug 13, 2014
    Yesterday I found, which so far turns out, 15 of my flock of 18 dead and 2 dogs trapped in my coop. We had to shoot the dogs as they were acting aggressive to us. The dead animals were removed. Now today I have to clean up feathers, heads, blood etc. I thought about putting lime down but how long before I should use the coop? There was 1 hen that escaped and another hen injured that I brought home to keep an eye on. Also there were 4 more injured that 3 of them died over night. I have another small coop that has 5 leghorns in that I got the escaped americana into. Suggestions??

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    How awful! So very sorry for your losses! Glad to hear you were able to eliminate the scumbag predator dogs. I can't help regarding the cleanup, etc. Someone else should be along soon to help with that...again, I'm so very sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by