Need Help!! Day 25 passed and Still nothing

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mike32, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mike32

Mike32 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    Pecos, NM
    My eggs were due to hatch the 1st. One hatched a day early and another on the 1st. My problem is that one of the first to pip still has not fully hatched. I can see that it has cracked the shell completely around. I have about 4 that are still pipping this morning before I left for work but since it's been 4 days what should I do? I've read to leave them alone which I have done but then I read to wait until day 25, which was yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    If there is still activity in the bator, then leave them be. How long has the last one been pipped for? So, the first egg that pipped has zipped, how long has it been zipped with no progression?

I wait about three days with no activity (no pips, no movement, nothing) and then give up.

3. Mike32

Mike32 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    Pecos, NM
    Not sure exactly what zipped means but it cracked the egg since Friday I would say. I hope that is what you were talking about [​IMG]. I'm still new to this so I'm not very good with the language yet. I heard a couple of them this morning still making noise.

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    If it has been that long, it is probably dried.. you may help it.

get a tiny bowl of warm water and soak the dried membrane.
    be careful to not get water on the chicks mouth..
    carefuly peel the shell away about 1/3rd of the way down the egg.
    If you see blood' STOP and put the chick back into the hatcher..
    you might have to apply the water to the head of the chick with your finger,,until you can remove the dried membrane from it..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by