need help deciding on an incubator!!! HELLPP!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stumble_n_mumble, Jun 21, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    should i get this one HOVABATOR INCUBATOR 2362N & AUTOMATIC EGG TURNER 1611 for 104.45

or

should i get this one HOVABATOR INCUBATOR 1602N & AUTOMATIC EGG TURNER 1611 for 71.20??!!

HELP! lol

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    The first one because it has a fan, the 2nd one does not have a fan. [​IMG]

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Whatever you do don't ever, ever buy an LG regardless of the price. The ones your looking at are fine though.

AL

4. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    ALRIGHT! lol i may be buying my first incubator!! [​IMG] do you think thats a good price?

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    That $ price $ is an average retail so go for it if you like.

AL

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
  7. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    those are new prices [​IMG] i think i will buy that one. i was going to buy the mini brinsea adv... should i go with that one. i will not be hatching 50+ eggs anytime soon. should i stick with the small one or just go big ?? [​IMG]

8. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    The 2362 will hatch up to 42 eggs. The Brinsea one you're talking about, is it the 7 or 20? It's always better to go bigger though IMHO. People who have hatched in Brinseas love them because you don't seem to have all the troubles like LG's or Hovas and they seem easier to clean. The Brinseas are wicked expensive, but most that have them say they are worth every penny. I've only had Hovas. Hope that helps ya.

9. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    the brinsea adv is 119.00 but it doesnt have a humidity gauge to regulate it. and it just has a thing on the outside of the incubator that you need to fill when it gets low. is that a good enough one? or should i just stick with the hova?!

the brinsea is the 7 egg holder.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  10. MikeS(erama)

MikeS(erama) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Massachussetts
    Quote:totally agree with this! I had an LG and it killed all my first batch of serama eggs. I just picked up a Brinsea Octogon 20 Eco from their website. So far this thing is extremely stable! The temp stays right at 99.5 and humidity has been right around 50%. I've heard good things about hovas, but I really wanted to give the brinsea a shot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by