1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Help Determining Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by norwichbuff, Jan 7, 2013.

1. norwichbuff

norwichbuff New Egg

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi everyone, I was hoping someone would be able to help me identify the breeds of these three chooks. They're currently 9 weeks of age. I had originally ordered eggs of light sussex, blue or black orpingtons, rhode island reds, and silver laced wyandottes to incubate. Unfortunately there was quite the stuff up of the order, so I didn't receive what I had paid for. Since these three don't look anything like their fellow hatchlings, it leaves me wondering what they actually are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    Can't help you on the breed, but they are cuties! The last one is my favorite.

3. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

they look like mixes. I can not think of any breeds that look like that.

4. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    If you need help on the gender, then two top ones are pullets and bottom is cockerel. (I think[​IMG])

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They're mixed breeds and don't even look like the parent stock were any of the breeds you listed.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they look like crosses

7. norwichbuff

norwichbuff New Egg

Jan 7, 2013
    That's exactly what I'm suspecting. Any ideas what breeds could have been crossed to result in any of those three?

8. NosiphoChooks

NosiphoChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm not sure what the are though they are very pretty. Sorry can't be of more help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by