Need help etting our town to except change!!!

woolsheeplady08

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
Eastern, Colorado
Hello everyone,

I live in a rural town in the middle of no where Limon, CO . This community says that they are all for agriculture. But they are acting like this town is better than a town built around Farming and Ranching. I went to the town and the land use board and proposed changes to allow 5 hen chickens. They would not be able to free range but to be kept in a coop and pen. The land use board had no problems with that proposal. Now that town board made up of 7 members that are voted in by the citizens of our town are beyond against this ever passing. Now a friend of mine was contacted but the police and handed a copy of the towns ordinance that says that you can't have them. Our town posts the ordinances online so that you can look them up. She looked the Ordinance up and couldn't find it any where. So she did nothing. A few days later the police came to her husbands business and wrote her a citation to appear in court on the matter. That was 18 days between the first and the second interaction with the police. Now we have talked to our town paper and had a story published and have gained even more support for what we are wanting to do. Along this road we have found out that not only do we have chickens but several others do as well. But our town doesn't want to allow the changes. What can I do to make this happen??

I know this has been over 3 weeks since you posted this and I feel bad that no one has helped you yet! Hows it going? Please give an update!

Back
Top Bottom