Need Help FAST in South NJ!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sneaky Chicken, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Sneaky Chicken

Sneaky Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2016
    The Garden State
    Hi! My Gold Lace Wyandotte rooster has started crowing like crazy! Hes polite and waits till about 0730 to start up, but then he wont stop. Im not supposed to have roosters in my town so I need to get rid of him, quick, which really sucks because I just LOVE him. Does anyone know anyone in the South NJ, Delaware, North MD, or Southeast Pa area that would be willing to take a beautiful, sweet, young rooster?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sneaky Chicken

Sneaky Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2016
    The Garden State
    Thank you!

4. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Or you might try one of those rooster no-crow collars. You can get them at mypetchicken.com.

5. Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2016
    Have you had experience with those No crow collars? Do they really work? I would love to have a Silkie Roo.

6. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    No, I haven't but I've read on BYC that lots of folks say they have made a difference in being able to keep a rooster or not. They quiet the crow to the degree the sound just doesn't carry very far. They do not interfere with the rooster's ability to function, eat, etc.

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop

Yes...they can be very effective........but do your due diligence and research thoroughly.
    There have been instances of death and they do take a fair amount of time in monitoring and adjusting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by