Need help figuring out my chickens breeds and sex

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jfeath1304, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jfeath1304

jfeath1304 New Egg

May 17, 2011
    I have four chickens... we love them to pieces... however, my homeowners ass does not allow Roosters. [​IMG] We are so sad about this, they are part of our family now. Can someone help me determine by the picks? I also am needing help in their breeds. Thank you for any help.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuGLdu5Zs2LInA

[​IMG]

Heres a video of the cockadoodledoo

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    What age are they? The two definite roosters are the ones in the back(the white one, which is an EE, and the red one, which is maybe a decent quality RIR).

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Looks like the only pullet is the RIR on the far left. [​IMG] And the white one in the middle is an Easter Egger.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  4. jfeath1304

jfeath1304 New Egg

May 17, 2011
    As in, the only girl is Mary on the far left? Oh man [​IMG] Thats just horrible!

5. jfeath1304

jfeath1304 New Egg

May 17, 2011
    They are 4-5 mo old. The white one (names Easter) is a rooster? Shes mine... crap! I really hope not. ugh. We just got back from the farm we bought them at. I took Chocolate (all the way in back) and Lulu (all the way in front) back and they gave us two new girls (lets hope they are girls) my hearts broken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our new hens ( i hope)

PS: Im new at this... what do the abv mean?

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    The white one is definitely a rooster, no doubt. If the brown ones are all the same breed and same age, you only have one hen. If the browns are different breeds, then there may be more hens. If the one in back is a brown leghorn, it may be hen. At 5 months old, an egg or crow may let you know sooner.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    White one - An Easter Egger rooster

Red ones - Production Red hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by