need help finding breeder in my area, or hatchery?

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
i really want to buy 50 coturnix quail, ive been reading here and have fallen in love, i had 6 called texas yrs ago, they were mixed colores from auction, now i want to do it right and am building my pheasant pair a larger flight , hoping the chik i hatched last night isnt the only one that will, and will modify the pheasant 2 story pen for the quail, i cant find chicks for sale, mixed would be fine if they wernt white, white birds here bring the hawks, if anyone can help please do, iv just lost my cattle dog of 8 yrs that protected my birds and i, and need to keep busy , building more flights seemed like the thing to do,
thanks all,
juliet

Or you can also try the game and fish department oin your state, they usually have a list of breeders in the state, well at least California does, Idk about other states.

I'm from your area as well. If I could get my hands on some eggs, I could hatch them and sell you some chicks.... But, like you said, it is VERY hard to find any breeders out here.....
hmm.png

Last edited:
i did try craigs list. the only one i found was old and the person didnt seem to know what birds she had and they were adult. but thanks. there were some sites with eggs. im just not very good with the bator, so far i have one ringneck babie, the freind i got the eggs from that my silky hatched for me 2 yrs ago , got a pair, gave me 2 4 day old chicks tonight to keep my little guy company. i have a little giant bator, but the turner is to big for the quail. o also have a hovabator, no working turner now, to turn 50 or so eggs by hand is hard and to turn enough when working all day, i would buy from ya though, i have a few freinds looking for me, hope to find some chicks soon, thanks,
juliet

thanks all, it looks like he does eggs, i did find a hatchery that may be able to send chicks from montanna in a few weeks, that will be to late for me, in gonna be gone on a job shortly after and my bird helper that takes exelent care of the pheasants and chickens, i dont want to have day old chicks to deal with, mabey i should go with breeders and can get a smaller turner and hatch my own? i dont know,
what do ya think,
juliet

Quote:
coturnix are fairly easy to hatch, we have several egg pusher/enablers here the best I have done so far is 46-47 out of 68 eggs they were shipped from several states away i set the bator right at 99-100 50-60 percent all hatch long then 70++ for lockdown. I just got a few more notes from some experienced hatchers off a facebook page kina feels like I got the last piece of the puzzle LOL good luck

Back
Top Bottom