Need help finding Poultry VET in SE Georgia(Kingsland)-NE Florida (Jacksonville, Florida)

Georgia Chickens

Songster
6 Years
Jun 7, 2017
Help! Have 8 mth old chicken gasping & wheezing. She's acting pretty normal, running around, pecking/scratching, eating, drinking, but has this gasping/wheezing, that I'm sure is affecting her sleep/rest.
Have cleaned coop, layer of DE & Sweet PDZ, topped w/play sand & 2 bales of hay in 6'X 8'X 8' coop. Weather keeps changing from hot to chilly 78 to 40's/50's. Been chilly here last couple weeks, after temp flux of up & dn.
Windows covered w/plastic or pillow cases. Putting VetRX in warm water & offering to all 6 chickens.
Bought liquid B12 vitamin w/Menadione (vit K) & Life Lytes mega tab vitamin & electrolyte supp. to use in poultry water. Will administer liquid B12 to her orally in the morning, & put tab in water bowl, for all.
Too worried to sleep much, due to first time having chickens. NO ONE to help/advise what to do, especially those who were all too eager to sell hubby chickens. Closest, reliable, avian vet 60+ miles $200-$300 to check.
ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Usually, most flock owners do just fine without a vet. If you want to seek one that is okay, but BYC has a lot of information and we would be happy to help:)

Hi Georgia Chickens,
Your nearest avian vet is at 8820 Old kings rd South, Jacksonville Fl.. Phone number is 9042560043.
Here's their website:
http://exoticbirdhospital.com/?rmcb=1514635665
Cheers, and a Happy New Year. :)

Yep, she's the one I 'have' to use for my parrots.
Would love to take her there, but they're so expensive. She's good. The best avian vet in FL in fact, & she knows it. Reason for outrageous charges.
They, for most part, do not let reg clients make pmts. Under severe circumstances, 1/2 then & 2-3 pmts for rest, which they really stress their dissatisfaction.
I usually have to save up just to get parrots in. Just recently lost a cockatiel, & her treatments + 3 day quartine was over $700. It was 4 mths ago & just got it paid off, so avian vet savings are at $0.

Help! Have 8 mth old chicken gasping & wheezing. She's acting pretty normal, running around, pecking/scratching, eating, drinking, but has this gasping/wheezing, that I'm sure is affecting her sleep/rest.
Have cleaned coop, layer of DE & Sweet PDZ, topped w/play sand & 2 bales of hay in 6'X 8'X 8' coop. Weather keeps changing from hot to chilly 78 to 40's/50's. Been chilly here last couple weeks, after temp flux of up & dn.
Windows covered w/plastic or pillow cases. Putting VetRX in warm water & offering to all 6 chickens.
Bought liquid B12 vitamin w/Menadione (vit K) & Life Lytes mega tab vitamin & electrolyte supp. to use in poultry water. Will administer liquid B12 to her orally in the morning, & put tab in water bowl, for all.
Too worried to sleep much, due to first time having chickens. NO ONE to help/advise what to do, especially those who were all too eager to sell hubby chickens. Closest, reliable, avian vet 60+ miles $200-$300 to check.
ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: a Nugget is not eating now. She had couple, small, bugs I found for her, but stopped after 4. She has poopy-butt, but nothing we could see in her throat w/flashlight. No sleepy, runny, crusty eyes/nostrils. Crop empty. Afraid/unsure of separating, because rest are always picking on her anyways, for being runt of flock & I think they'd try to kill her, if trying to reintroduce.
Only thing I can do is PRAY she's strong enough, w/extra vitamins & B12 vitamins, to pull through.
Again, ANY advise welcomed & appreciated. Be blessed everyone! Hoping & Praying for a Healthy, Happy New Year!

UPDATE: a Nugget is not eating now. She had couple, small, bugs I found for her, but stopped after 4. She has poopy-butt, but nothing we could see in her throat w/flashlight. No sleepy, runny, crusty eyes/nostrils. Crop empty. Afraid/unsure of separating, because rest are always picking on her anyways, for being runt of flock & I think they'd try to kill her, if trying to reintroduce.
Only thing I can do is PRAY she's strong enough, w/extra vitamins & B12 vitamins, to pull through.
Again, ANY advise welcomed & appreciated. Be blessed everyone! Hoping & Praying for a Healthy, Happy New Year!

Seperate her.

Back
Top Bottom