Need help from all of you artist out there!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mcg30_40, Oct 26, 2008.

1. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    As some of you have seen I'm making aprons for Christmas money. I want to make a man's bbq apron but can't seem to find the right "pig" for the art to go on it. Not looking for anything fancy...just a clipart type drawing of a pig, bbq pig, bbq something that would look good on a man's apron. All I've found are way too "cute" for the gentlemen.

2. mcg30_40

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    It's cute and a great idea, thanks! Any others out there have any "manly" looking pictures I could use on an apron...it will be for a man's bbq apron.

3. mcg30_40

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    bump

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Are you silk screening this or what? You confused me with the OP. [​IMG]

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
  6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Can I make some suggestions?!

First, I'm an artist on the side...my first great love... and I'm part of a FANTASTIC group called EBSQ. Their site is EBSQart.com. I have MANY friends over there, moderate on the forums and such. If you go over there and jump on the forum one of the artist there may be able to get you a custom piece, or point you in the direction of one they already did you might be able to use. Maybe free, maybe for a fee. Its how they make their living.

Also, I don't know if you are selling off of here yet, but have you tried Etsy.com. Its gotten very busy over there in the last couple of years, and its a fraction of the cost of ebay, plus you name your own prices. Every listing gets multiple pictures for each listing and you can list at ANY price you so chose, and it never costs more the $0.20 a listing plus sale fees, which are lower then ebay as well.

Joining EBSQ we push all EBSQ member's stores on etsy work with etsy AND work off both sites on tons of blogs pushing other member's items. I do very well on etsy with both my cookies and my quilts.

I just want to see everyone have a better holiday this year... its going to be tough, so we're getting this work together attitude for everyone trying to make it. I hope it helps you...

By the way, if you come by EBSQart.com I'm vfem on the forums there too, and as I'm a moderator all my contact information is posted in several forums if you have questions.

Good luck, I hope you find what you need soon.

7. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    The Pig from Double B in blountsville would look nice on a BBQ apron! [​IMG]

They have made shirts with the pig on them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by