Need help from *legal* DuPage County, Illinois chicken keepers!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by nico demouse, Nov 18, 2010.

1. nico demouse

nico demouse Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Hi there,

I'm with the group in Lombard that is working to legalize backyard chickens. We have our second meeting with the village on Tuesday (23rd, 7:30 p.m. at Village Hall).

We've been speaking with a reporter from the Daily Herald who has been covering the Lombard chicken issue. You can see her article here:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20101027/news/710289849/

She is working on another story about CLUC and would like some photos of backyard chicken owners, suburban chickens and/or suburban chicken coops. We need some photos of *legal* backyard chickens.

Can anyone help? Send me a PM if you are willing to share some photos of your girls!!

A nice positive story with pictures of an attractive suburban coop could go a long way to helping our cause!

2. swimmer

swimmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Utah
    Wish I was legal because I have a nice coop/run. Best of luck. Our city council seems to think that chickens carry disease, smell, are too loud, ect. They need to take a look at some of the dog owners around here then. Let us know how it turns out.

3. nico demouse

nico demouse Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicagoland
    thanks, swimmer. I'll update as we have news.

Anyone from DuPage County?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by