Need help getting minimum w/ mcmurry-NE GA, SC

Missouri chick

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Homer, GA
Forgive me if I should have posted this some where else.

I just saw that mcmurry has opened up to sell chicks for 09'. I can't fill up an order. I'm near commerce, ga (I-85), anyone want to go in with me?

I was considering ordering some chicks now, but Ideal is the only one apparently shipping now. I really want to add some white egg layers to my laying flock. They only have a limited selection available right now anyway. By the way I'm in Easley, SC. About 1.5 hours from Commerce around about.

Last edited:
I think McMurry starts shipping in Feb. That seems like light years away, but they have all I want to finish my flock. There are SO MANY DARN breeds out there. Gotta build on to the coop this spring.

I would be tempted to get some EE and Welsummer pullets, but they don't seem to have Welsummers. I have hatched 3 small batches of welsummers and keep ending up with roos. I have 2 from the last batch that I'm not sure about yet. I'm hoping that they are pullets. They are only a week old.

Out of curiosity what are you planning on ordering?

Hi Living zoo, I want some buff brahamas, frizzled bantam cochins, golden polish, favorolles, and a couple rocks. I have to get a few cochins and brahams since they will be straight run. Hoping for all hens, but know that isn't likely.

Back
Top Bottom