Need help identifying a few of my chicks please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madgabmomma, Apr 4, 2011.

1. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    I have some new assorted bantams that I would really like to know what they are. They are a little over a week old. I also have a pair of adult bantams that I have no idea what breed they are or if they are just mixed breeds. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. If you can tell what sex my chicks are that would be awesome too! They are too young for me to be able to tell.

[​IMG]

all I know about this one is that it's a feather foot breed obviously

[​IMG]

this little buggar is quite aggressive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these guys are my favorite chickens Drake and Roxy

[​IMG]

and this girl is my oldest hen Gloria, I always thought she was a rhode island red but I just got some rhode island red pullets and they look a lot darker and their tail fethers are looking different than hers?

2. SparkyCrows

SparkyCrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2010
    Kansas
    For sure the second and fourth pictures are gold and silver sebrights. The first pix looks like a buff cochin to me.

Also, there's a lot of variation among the different "rhode islands". The most authentic lines are darker but the hatchery lines look like your girlie.

3. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    Quote:Thank you! Good to know about the rhode islands too! I am really hoping that you are right about the buff cochin that's what I was really hoping for, now just gotta hope it's a hen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by