need help identifying duckling breed

juniverse

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Hi everyone. I have a duckling that was dropped off to a friend of mine that is most likely domestic... someone just left it out to fend for itself...

It's HUGE but is definitely a duckling... Any ideas on what the breed could be? I am pretty sure it is not wild. It was fairly easy to pick up.

If it is wild I will take it to the wildlife rehab center nearby, if not, I will look for a sanctuary for it. If he is domestic... does anyone know a sanctuary I can take him to in Orange Country, CA?

20210701_145659.jpg

Last edited:
We raise 4 house duck Mallards which is a tough breed to care for due to their crazy personalities. Baby looks healthy but of course is scared.

How big do Sweedish ducks get?

I wanna say up to 7-8 lbs for a drake.. they're a midweight- bigger than a mallard, smaller than pekins. Don't have any swedish here, but have heard good things about em!

My swedish had orangish red colored legs with only a few dark spots, I'm not sure that yours is totally pure. That white around its bill makes me think it's either a very poorly marked duck, or its mixed. They're pretty hefty but very nice to own. I loved mine.

Back
Top Bottom