Need help identifying ducklings....

CrystaBub

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley
Hi - I'm brand new to raising ducks. I bought 2 ducklings at TSC 3 weeks ago and I believe they are about 4 weeks old. I'm posting a link to a youtube video because I need help determining the breed of one of them. If anyone would be so kind to review and provide thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The lighter of the 2 (Gabby) I believe is a fawn and white Indian Runner - her fawn colored feathers came in this week. The more yellow duckling (Jabby) is the one that I can't figure out - is it a runner or pekin or what???? Help :)

Thanks for the reply Miss Lydia. They stay indoors in our bathroom with a heater - we just let them out this one day to run around the yard - we had a ONE day break of winter! Can't wait til the real Spring weather kicks in and they can play outside more. I'm posting another video to see if it helps - it hasn't finished loading yet so give it a few minutes. Thanks so much for taking a look!

It's just so sweet when they follow us like we're their mommy's

I am pretty sure Gabby is fawn and white Runner not sure if Jabby is a Runner couldn't get a good look at her bill My Runners when tiny had distinct bill shape from other breeds. slight curved. They sure look healthy.

Maybe @ViolinPlayer123 Has an idea I see she looked too.
I'm stuck on this one. Your correct in the Runner but Jabby seems to similar in size to be a Pekin. You might have to wait this one out. :)

It's size that is also throwing me off you'd think if Jabby was Pekin she would be larger than Gabby being she is Runner. But also take a look at their legs where they sit under their body Runners legs are set close other domestics are set farther apart.

Thanks for the reply Miss Lydia. They stay indoors in our bathroom with a heater - we just let them out this one day to run around the yard - we had a ONE day break of winter! Can't wait til the real Spring weather kicks in and they can play outside more. I'm posting another video to see if it helps - it hasn't finished loading yet so give it a few minutes. Thanks so much for taking a look!

Oh my, they are very cute and funny in that tub.

Back
Top Bottom