Need help identifying my duck please!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mommyofthree, May 18, 2010.

1. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    We got some chicks and ducklings about a month and a half ago. The 2 ducks were supposed to both be white pekins but one is getting dark. It's so weird, it's happening very gradually. Now that I'm looking at pics when we first got her she had a bit of dark on her face then too. Here's a baby pic and a couple from today. Does anyone know what breed this is??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    IDK, did they come from a hatchery? I would call them, or email them, with the pic and ask. She sure is pretty though! [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    She loks like a pekin Runner cross...Pekin shape with Runner Colour pattern

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Yeah maybe a pekin cross....or just a hatchery quality fawn & white runner.

5. jjrabbit2

jjrabbit2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Kuna Id
    It does look like a cross! My guess fawn and white runner and pekin and really cute at that...

6. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I agree it looks like a runner cross but Not Fawn and white....maybe blue or grey even possibly and white but not fawn ....fawn is a very light tan.

7. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Quote:It might just be the picture...but the duckling pic looks identical to my fawn & whites.

8. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    Thanks everyone!! This is our first time having chicks and ducks so I am totally lost with all of the different breeds!! lol We got her at our local co-op so I doubt they would know much about the breed, their sign had said all the ducks were pekins....wrong!! After looking at some pics and info online I think she is a runner/pekin cross. She is smaller than the other pekin and she also stands a bit more upright when she walks around. I'm curious to see what she will look like when she is full grown.

9. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Me too, so you better post some pictures when the time comes! [​IMG]

Mixed-breeds are always the most interesting - you never know what you're going to get! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by