1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help identifying please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sparkydog, Sep 7, 2010.

1. sparkydog

sparkydog Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2010
    I bought four pullets today at our feed store. What are they?

I had already taken the pictures before I read the tips on good shots. I will take more once my camera is charged again. The people at the feed store did not know what breed they were.

I am brand new to chickens and will have lots of questions for you. I also just obtained two black roosters that are so much fun.

This is my first post. I hope it works. there should be one of a golden chicken and one of a very dark one.

Michelle in Colorado

2. CrazyBirdLady21

CrazyBirdLady21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2010
    Where are the pics again, I don't see any

3. sparkydog

Sep 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

Still trying.

4. sparkydog

Sep 7, 2010
    This one is different.

[​IMG]

5. sparkydog

Sep 7, 2010
    I think the light colored one is a Rhode Island Red.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    The brown one looks like a Gold Laced Wyandotte.

7. sparkydog

Sep 7, 2010
    I looked them up and I think you are correct. Thanks!

8. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    I'm sorry, I just had to comment.........................Isn't it amazing and aggrevating when the employees of the feed store can't even tell you what THEY ARE SELLING????? Makes me soooooo mad!!!! Please EDUCATE your employees. I'm sure the chicks came with an invoice (possibly?)saying what they are.......

Anyway, just had to rant. I had a similar experience at TSC. They told me the turkeys for sale were Eastern Wild (which is impossible here without a permit). To make a long story short, I ended up with 5 broad bronze breasted turkeys and a guinea (funny, I thought I bought 6 turkeys - they didn't even give me all turkeys!!!) I had to give the turkeys away because I was looking for long term pets. Unfortunately, broad breasted bronzes get huge really quick and aren't pet material.

Sorry........

BTW, your chicks are so adorable, enjoy them while they are little and will crawl all over you!![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by