I mistakenly had moved my entire bag outside for about a month where it was kept away from rain (it has rained here a lot this past year) in their chicken run but the ground was damp. It apparently soaked in through the bag but the temps have been very cold. Had not noticed any issues with the feed but since my rooster was sick I was looking at every option. So when I realized my food was in a damp area I brought the feed in my house and within a few days I guess it was warm enough in my house that it began to just stink. I thought it smelled like molasses. My daughter described it as cantaloupe. A very sweet smell. My husband said it didn't smell like mold but smelled soured. I dumped it out and there were some wet clumps on the bottom but no fuzz and no obvious mold. Is it possible the feed just fermented? I use natures own organic starter. I have replaced the feed with new feed and it smells normal. So there is definitely something wrong with the old bag. However they ate that feed for maybe four days after I brought it into my house. I'm just curious if this could be mold. I have them on acv in case that helps if t is mold. Thanks.