need help id'ing my bonus chick

bobk

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 14, 2013
Melrose Park,IL
thanks in advance. as many of you know a certain hatchery includes a bonus chick with your order. pictured is my 8 week old chick which I am pretty sure is a cockerel. can anyone tell me what breed it is? the wife thinks speckled Sussex but I think not. but then again other than rir's and leghorns I don't know squat about chicken breeds. anyway he is pretty gentle but he is making sounds simlair to crowing even at this young age. any help as to what breed would be great. if it is indeed a roo I am afraid he will have to go as they are not permitted where I live.
thanks
bob
IMG_20170526_095112875_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170526_095114139_HDR.jpg

@TheKindaFarmGal Campines and Egyptain Fayoumis are not the same breeds. One originated in Belgium the other in Egypt. If you look up Egyptian Fayoumis here is some info given:

"Their appearance is remarkably similar to the silver variety of the Campine breed of Belgium, and the Campine may be descended from a Faiyumi-like chicken brought north in Europe by the Romans."

Ahhh, that's right. Please ignore me, everybody. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification!

@TheKindaFarmGal Campines and Egyptain Fayoumis are not the same breeds. One originated in Belgium the other in Egypt. If you look up Egyptian Fayoumis here is some info given:

"Their appearance is remarkably similar to the silver variety of the Campine breed of Belgium, and the Campine may be descended from a Faiyumi-like chicken brought north in Europe by the Romans."

thank you so much. never heard of that breed . I sure wish it was pullet it is so friendly and gentle. but if any readers here want to make the trip to near ohare airport he will have to go before I get a visit from the zoning man. late in the day he is making a very light noise that sounds like a rooster.

It also resembles a Fayoumi. But probably not if it's calm like you say. They are usually a frenetic ball of energy.

Back
Top Bottom