Need help IDing

wingznut76

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 3, 2010
World's Largest Sulphur Spring
I bought six "pullets" from a local lady about six weeks ago. She said they were all BR but I knew they were not, but it looked like she could use the money so I bought them anyway. Now I am not sure that they are all pullets either so I am going to try to upload some pics and if you can help a noob out I would sure be grateful.

Pic one looks to me like a BO but also looks like a roo to me.
sad.png

59513_dsc_0177.jpg

Pic two is a pullet but not sure what. Black Star maybe?

59513_dsc_0144.jpg

I am thinking these are BA two have real shiny feathers so I think I have maybe two pullets and two roos.

59513_dsc_0206.jpg

59513_dsc_0179.jpg

Thanks

I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as breeds on your birds. How old are they, you said you got them 6 weeks ago... but how old in total? I think you may be right about the BO being a roo but depending on how old they are the BAs could just be getting close to laying.

The birds in question are 12-13 weeks old now. Not absolutely sure as the lady was not sure but she thought about six weeks when I bought them. Two of them were larger and two smaller so I don't know if they are different ages or different genders. No crowing but no eggs either... I guess I need to be more patient.
hmm.png
hmm.png

Thanks for the quick replies.

randy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom