1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help knowing breed of my birds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MauritianGuy, Apr 24, 2017.

1. MauritianGuy

MauritianGuy Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    Hi everyone, im new here. As the titled says i want to know what breed my birds are. believe it or not, the hatchery here only sells chicken under 2 headings (layer and meat). i adopted a feral i found that was sleeping on our trees at night then got my next 2 from a friend and later added 5 younger ones. unfortunately 1 from each age group died. here are some pics:
    the oldest hen --->Geraldine (my first-> was a feral) and her 2 3-week old chicks
    [​IMG]
    the father-->Monster (from the original 2)
    [​IMG]
    the 4 younger:
    (i thought i got all pullets but apparently got 2 hens and 2 rooster)
    the 2 hens are feather legged. roosters are not. all from same hatch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is one when i just got them if that helps:
    [​IMG]

Sry about poor quality of pics. had to lock them in the coop. they were NOT happy
    wanted to add pics of the 2 chicks but they are only 3 weeks old and WAY too scared of me at this point

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    The red rooster Looks like a RIR to me. White one maybe a leghorn?

3. MauritianGuy

MauritianGuy Just Hatched

Apr 24, 2017
    at first i thought they might be chantecler since the name of the farm i got them is literally "chantecler". but then as they grew i started seeing features that didnt match the breed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by