need help making plans.

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
i cant seem to decide on what type of coop to build or how to build it. i have two options.
1. i could build a coop in side the goat shealter which is 12x21 and mybe 10' high. the goat shealter is attatched to a pen that is 30 by 40. but they would have to stay in there.
2 .or i could build a chicken coop with a run that i can move around. which would be better?
i also cannot decide on what to build. there are so many plans out there. i will have 9 hens RIR, BR, Sexlinks. i would love some oppinons and plans. im looking for something that will be easy to clean and that wont take any special skills or tools to build. thanks.

if it was me id build on to the 12 by 21 goat shed.an id build the henhouse 12 by 21 as well.an let the hens use the goat yard as well.but fix to where the goats cant get into henhouse an eat the hens feed.

The coops you move around for 9 hens would be heavy to move and you most likely will just find a permanant spot for it any way, ( trust me, been there , done that ).
As long as your choices offer safe, and draft free living, anything should be fine, but I would go with the goat shed option.
Remember you want approx. 4 sq.ft/ per bird inside and anywhere from 7-10 sq.ft. outside.

are there any plans that would be goat proof? i would like to be off the ground but strong enough to be ramed but goats.

Back
Top Bottom