Need Help My Rooster is lethargic and not active. He lost his appetite Coccidiosis or Sour Crop?

cocopop

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 12, 2013
California
Need Help Please! I just noticed my rooster is inactive and not really moving or making noise. I don't know what is wrong with him. I do know that his crow the morning before he got sick sounded different. His stool is watery and is very pale yellow almost white. His feathers is not puffed up and his crop doesn't feel like a water balloon. He has lost his appetite as well. I am not sure if he has Sour Crop or Coccidiosis. I didn't see any blood in his stool and his crop doesn't feel like a water balloon so I am lost. Need some help please. I am new to all this and don't know where to start. Need some advise and recommendations.

First see if he will eat some scrambled egg's as there are a lot of nutrients he may be needing
droolin.gif

Have you ever thought about tube feeding ????????
Using a clear soft tube like you might use in a fish tank ??????

I have to liquify the food to tube feed him correct? Well his stomach was empty today so I don't think it is sour crop and he ate yesterday. I don't think he want to eat today. I will have to force some food because he is getting weaker. His poop is less wet now but he does not have an appetite or drink. He stood up this morning but not walking around. I will try some eggs to see if he likes it. How far down do I have to put the tube? Does he need medication?

A great food for tube feeding is called Exact by kaytee. It flows perfectly in the feeding syringe without clogs and provides all the nutrition they need while being tube fed.

Make sure all the edges are smooth and clean so as not to hurt the inside's
fl.gif

If you haven't picked up any food for this yet use an egg as there are all the nutrients needed, just mix up very well before feeding
wink.png

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
It's almost impossible to put it in the wrong hole. Read this tread, all the threads in it and watch the videos.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805728/go-team-tube-feeding

I'm available by phone to help if you can get the supplies.

-Kathy

Thank you so much for your support Kathy but he didn't make it more than one day. It was sad. Don't know what it was the matter. He was standing, his poop was more solid, and his crop was empty after a day but he did not make it through. He didn't really show no symptoms of anything but not moving and not eating, so I am beat. I didn't even have a chance to tube feed him. :(

Back
Top Bottom