Need Help ! Need a movable coop.

dyerchickens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
I live in a rental house and cannot have a permanent structure for my chickens, I have 4 hens and need some ideas on what would work. We need it to be inexpensive but adequate for the hens to get exercise, any ideas please let me know. I live in Central Oregon and we do get cold winters here so it also have to be winterized.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation. (But with 5 ducks). I just built a 3.5x5' house for them and plan to build a large run withing the next week of two. My plans so far are to put wheels on the house and run so I can move it like a chicken tractor. (Don't want to destroy just one part of the yard). The run will have sections that are connected with hardware that locks together and apart easily so that I can just break it down into sections when I move. That's the plan anyway. I don't know if any of that makes sense to you. I'm more than happy to share pics when I get it finished though. :)

Oh! I forgot to add... Look on craigslist for free materials. My duck house was FREE because my SO got "scrap" material from work. The only thing we'll have to pay for is the hardware cloth and paint.

Here's a pic of the house. It's not finished. I still have to finish doors, windows, roof, paint, etc. but this is what got accomplished in one day.

Back
Top Bottom