Need HELP new to baby chicks

mrsjshow83

Chirping
May 19, 2023
Any INFORMATION on this sweet baby is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you he was found all alone NO clue where it came from have had it now for 3days when it came I actually didn’t think it would make it , some TLC and syringe water and here it is!! IT ABSOLUTELY LOVES MY FAMILY

Attachments

• 70612477328__C7CE389C-F12F-4C10-A097-24993B9C8EFE.jpeg
    70612477328__C7CE389C-F12F-4C10-A097-24993B9C8EFE.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2538.jpeg
    IMG_2538.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2531.jpeg
    IMG_2531.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    989.4 KB · Views: 5
Where did you find it?

Can you go to the farm store and pick up a few more chicks for him or her to brood with? Idk if it could be a Welsummer, or sometimes other colored layers look like that, but almost any breed if it looks about the same size (i.e. large fowl - standard chicken size vs. bantam - miniature chicken size) will make perfectly good company for your chick! Especially if they grow up together, they will bond into their own little flock. Get at least two more chicks, but 3-4 is better.

Any INFORMATION on this sweet baby is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you he was found all alone NO clue where it came from have had it now for 3days when it came I actually didn’t think it would make it , some TLC and syringe water and here it is!! IT ABSOLUTELY LOVES MY FAMILY
It's almost impossible to say without knowing which breed it is. Ahighly skilled and paid oriental chicken sexer would be able to tell you in seconds, but most of us mere mortals? Not a chance. Some breeds are "auto-sexing, in which the cocks and hens have different colours and/ or patterns that can be told in the first few dayys, but apart from that it's a case of waiting until secondary characteristics such as comb, tail feathers and cape develop , so just enjoy having the lovely little thing around and wait. Good luck!

It's almost impossible to say without knowing which breed it is. Ahighly skilled and paid oriental chicken sexer would be able to tell you in seconds, but most of us mere mortals? Not a chance. Some breeds are "auto-sexing, in which the cocks and hens have different colours and/ or patterns that can be told in the first few dayys, but apart from that it's a case of waiting until secondary characteristics such as comb, tail feathers and cape develop , so just enjoy having the lovely little thing around and wait. Good luck!
With that chipmunky pattern it's likely a female, but time will tell for sure, since we don't know the breed.

Here's an example with cream legbars I think in this post, but generally these type of chipmunk chicks are actually auto sexing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-new-girl.929961/

I should have added, with it being on its own it has probably imprinted on you and your family and now regards you as its mammy and siblings, so, regardless of sex, regard it as your new family member and treasure the love it will g️ive.💗

With that chipmunky pattern it's likely a female, but time will tell for sure, since we don't know the breed.

Here's an example with cream legbars I think in this post, but generally these type of chipmunk chicks are actually auto sexing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-new-girl.929961/
IF I remember rightly, (It's been some years since I hatched Cream Legbars) males have a spot on their heads when they first hatch. That assumes it IS a CL.

It definitely has grown to love us or absolutely thinks I’m Mama 🥰 DEFINITELY has been added to my family 🤗

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2520.jpeg
    IMG_2520.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom