Need help on Backyard Chickens demonstration

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Holyhabanero, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Holyhabanero

Holyhabanero Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, this question didn't really fit anywhere.

I'm giving a demonstration at a local preparedness fair on raising backyard chickens and need some sort of handout or flyer. Does anyone know of a good generic flyer or brochure that has good info on raising backyard chickens that I could print and hand out?

2. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Why aren't you making one yourself?

3. Holyhabanero

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm short on time, and hoped that one had already been created. But if I can't find one, then I will have to do it myself.

4. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

You're giving a demonstration on "local preparedness" but you haven't made time to make (PREPARE) your own flyer? LOL! Hoooboy! That's a good one.

If it comes from you it will be more useful. Why waste paper with something generic? Focus for 10 minutes and you'll get it done. [​IMG]

Good luck and hope the demo goes well!

5. Holyhabanero

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:Glad you find that funny, but I was just asked to do it today. Anyone else out there that can actually offer some help?

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I was looking for one on BYC also and never did find anything that would work.

For a starting point, do a search for "Eight benefits of raising backyard chickens" by Robin Ripley of the Gardening Examiner on the internet.
    She has some good points and it is nicely written. It is most likely copywrited so don't just copy it and hand it out without checking if you can use it.

But if you want to make a nice handout, it will give you a good idea of how to start and you can make your own from there.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  7. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Call your county extention office or state vet. They should have hand outs on disease control at least, if not more topics. Hit the learning center here and use the info as a outline to write up something real quick. Really shouldn't take too much time to throw something together?? Don't stress and relax. Once you get to talking about chickens it's easy to loose track of time. Be sure and leave yourself plenty of time at the end for questions and answers. You will do a great job. [​IMG]

8. Holyhabanero

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks everyone, this will get me going in the right direction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by