need help on incubator humidity and temp

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tc62, Apr 18, 2009.

1. tc62

tc62 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    leap of faith farm
    OK Here goes I purchased a 9200 little giant, with a 6300 auto egg tuner,

with a 7200 air fan kit. I have the thermo that came with the tuner in side

the unit and a fake egg with hair gel with a probe in it for my wiggler.. The

therm probe has temp and humidity levels on it ( a

ACURITE digital w/probe) I have it hanging on the wall Should it be in the

incubator? The temp on the digital is 98.1 and 28% humidity. I have a

inside therm that is reading a steady 98 I have 31 eggs some are banty's ..

I put them in the bator on the 14th . Do I need to keep adding water in the reservoirs and how do I do it with the turner in the way??

NOW WHAT WAIT???? [​IMG]

2. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Quote:You need your temp to around 100 degrees.. (99.5) just try to maintain it close to 100 as possible.

The humidity.. 25 to 50.. for 18 days.. I had mine at 50 when the little ones just hatched

Keep an eye on your temp until the eggs get warmed up, because the temperture will fluctuate for awhile..

What I do on humidity... Is get a cup of warm water,, open my top a little and pour the water (NOT MUCH) in the middle of the egg turner.. I left one egg slot open..

Good luck

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:I don't use a water wiggler but I thought the whole thing Accurite with probe needs to be in the incubator.

4. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I use a straw stuck on the end of one of those bulb syringes that are used for irrigating ears to fill the slots in my LG. I put food coloring in the water when I first set the incubator up so I can see where to aim when I am adding more, I add through the windows so I don't have to open the incubator all the way. I don't have a probe type thermometer/hygrometer so I just set mine inside in one of the cups of the turner where I can see it, so I really don't know about how yours should be set up.

5. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    when you put the probe in the water wiggler, i know it checks the temp, but does it also check the humidity?

6. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't think that it checks the humidity with the probe inside of a wiggler, it would have to sample the air inside the incubator and if it is enclosed in the wiggler I don't think it could. Are you sure that the humidity is measured with the same probe as the temperature?

7. tc62

tc62 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    leap of faith farm
    Well I guess you were right I just put it in the bator and the temp is 99.0 and the humid is 51% .. I think we have a winner.. thanks

Temp is 99.5 humid is 51%

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    tc..
    sending you good hatching vibes your way.
    keep us posted..

9. tc62

tc62 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    leap of faith farm
    Quote:thanks Sissy ... will do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by