Need help! One of my hens is breathing heavily and seams very exhausted, she isn’t eating or drinking.

KerryStavracos11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Today the shade on the chickens run came off, they were left without shade for awhile but we’ll hydrated and fed. I put the shade back up as soon as I noticed but once I was finished one of my hens collapsed. She is breathing very heavily and seams exhausted. She won’t eat or drink so I’ve been syringe feeding her so water downed feed and water. (This was all today but I’m worried she won’t make it past the night) please help, I’m not sure if it’s heat exhaustion or something else!

KerryStavracos11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Today the shade on the chickens run came off, they were left without shade for awhile but we’ll hydrated and fed. I put the shade back up as soon as I noticed but once I was finished one of my hens collapsed. She is breathing very heavily and seams exhausted. She won’t eat or drink so I’ve been syringe feeding her so water downed feed and water. (This was all today but I’m worried she won’t make it past the night) please help, I’m not sure if it’s heat exhaustion or something else!
Please excuse the grammar mistakes I’m in a bit of a hurry.

KerryStavracos11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Treat her for heat exhaustion. Put her in a room with plenty of water, with apple cider viangar in her water, a cooling pad, and put cold compresses under her wings. You can try misting her with water too. I am not experienced with heat stress, but have heard of this treatment for other peoples birds, good luck! Keep me posted! Avery :hugs
Ah thank you! I’ll keep you updated and start the treatment for heat exhaustion.

KerryStavracos11

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Yes, tell me how she does. I can see anything else that wound come on so sudden, but I will tag some people for you just in case its something else. @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @casportpony
Thank you so much! For now I’m letting her rest and I’m going to stay with her through out the night, I’ll syringe some water with the apple cider vinegar into her mouth later after some rest.

Top Bottom