need help please asap baby turkeys dieing!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by LoveToFarm, Jul 23, 2013.

1. LoveToFarm

LoveToFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Marshfield Wisconsin
    Hello everyone I'm new to turkeys I have ducks! Ok here is my problem I got two wild turkey eggs out of a hay field after I cut it down and hatched them out on thursday its now tuesday and I had one die last night it was doing great walking drinking and eating and then all a suddon he just wanted to sleep and then just died! I only have one left and don't want to loose my last one I really love him! Please help he is starting to do the same thing as the other one did just wants to lay around! :'(

2. Do you have chickens? Could be blackhead.
    At this point not much you can do unless you get meds ASAP (which meds I don't know, sorry)
    Maybe try to add electrolytes to the water.

3. LoveToFarm

Jun 22, 2012
    Marshfield Wisconsin
    No chickens just ducks! I have electrolytes in the water bit it doesn't want it anymore u don't even pirk up when I come in by him anymore I think he is to far gone for me to save! :'( :'(

4. Lorilyn Farms

Lorilyn Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    Oh how sad. I'm truly sorry for you!

5. LoveToFarm

Jun 22, 2012
    Marshfield Wisconsin
    thanks i lost both in two days and i dont even no y they were doing so good and just like a switch were down and out[​IMG]

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Describe where you had them being brooded? Space? Heat Lamp? Drafts? Bedding? Temp of Water? Feed? Mold? Need more details.

7. LoveToFarm

Jun 22, 2012
    Marshfield Wisconsin
    2'x2'Cardboard box, straw for bedding infered heat lamp used room temp water and they were in the house so shouldn't have a draft!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by