1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help please newbie first hatch! WOW 21 out of 23 are hatching but

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by maf2008, Apr 21, 2009.

1. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    all the little chickens (ooooh ssssooooo cute and fluffy, silver, yellow, grey black and tan!) are "kicking" the last two eggs that are starting to zip...

I have a camera, but cant upload pics on my company computer [​IMG]

They are rolling the last 2 eggs around like a soccer ball.
    Can I remove the stable chicks now? the hubidity is high with the vent plug removed and lots of water drops on the top glass. ( I do not have a humiditometer ?) I just read the directions on my box for the hovabator 2360! It really works![​IMG]

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Congrats on your babies. Are the last two pipped, are they gonna hatch? You are supposed to leave the bator lid shut. The time it would take to remove 21 safely you will lose humidity. Are all the other chicks dry? If the last two are going to hatch maybe you could corner them up quickly to try and keep them from being rolled around.

3. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Yep, MOST of them are dry and fluffy, a few are still pretty wet. I will look in in a few hours. (I turned out lights so they will all be quite) and yes I think all 23 will hatch! My youngest son dropped egg #24 before it got to the bator [​IMG]

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Wow if they do hatch 100% thats great. Since you have wet ones I wouldn't open your bator at all. Don't want to chill the babies. I have three hovabators and I really like mine. Let us know if the last two hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by