1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NEED HELP!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pekin Hen, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Pekin Hen

Pekin Hen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2007
    South Africa
    I am realy in need of advice , please!!!!!

My one Chochin hen just last weekend , had 2 chicks (that is very healthy). Yesterday i saw that two of her toes (on both feet) were bleeding , i just thought that she brused them.
    But today i saw that she was PEKING HER FEET , RAW!!!
    She is literary peking her own feet until the blood came out!

PLEASE I NEED HELP URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im only 13 years old and came home from school just
    20 min ago.
    So , if anyone has advice or can tell me what it is , PLEASE i need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If you have something bad tasting like pine tar or Solarcaine spray, either one put on her feet may make her want to quit. Other than that, I dont really know.

3. Pekin Hen

Jun 2, 2007
    South Africa
    Thanks Speckledhen.

But i need more advice!!

4. Pekin Hen

Jun 2, 2007
    South Africa
    Kinda , i can't actualy tell , becuase her toes are totaly covered with blood. And almost all her feet scales are pecked off and it's raw meat!!!

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    the scales on her feet are extremely raised which is an early sign of scaley leg mite... oil them (baby oil and then coat them with vaseline...
    I would get a good poultry supplement such as Avia Charge 2000 (order online through McMurry or Strombergs)... this will take care of any nutrient/vit deficiency.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by