Need help posting picture - Mac computer

Smitty's Farm

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 24, 2007
St Clair County, Il
Could someone please help walk me through posting pictures to the site. My Dell (PC) computer crashed and I'm using an old work computer of my husbands. It's a Mac Power Book G4. I know nothing about Mac computers.
roll.png

All my pictures have been down loaded into the i photo library. I am able to open the library and drag the photos to photo shop to resize them, but don't know how to get them from there to the site. Duh!

Do I need to change anything else besides the size to make it viewable?
idunno.gif

I would love to be able to share my pictures. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Mac's and I are also not friends, but I have to use them sometimes. Just like your pc, you have to find out where they are stored on the computer and upload them to a web hosting site. Then post as normal.

Quote:
Thanks Silkie!
smile.png
My husband swears that I won't go back to using a PC after I learn how to use it. Ha! I'm not so sure about that.

OK, after I resize it in photoshop, save it in a file, and find it..........how do I upload them to a web hosting site? What do people use, besides photobucket? So I can't post it directly from the computer.....I have to go to a web hosting site? Sorry, I'm not computer savy!
roll.png

Thanks,
Kim

Hey Kim!

I have an iBook G4 - we have a total of 6 Mac computers in this house - so I am pretty savvy with them! lol..

You need to download the file in your iphoto library as you have done... then, you need to use a picture hosting site such as, photbucket.com - that is the one I use. All you have to do is press the button to upload them and then you'll get the option to pick a picture from anywhere in the hard drive... you need to make sure you're in the photo library folder... that's where all your pics are. Once you upload them.. you can change the pictures size on photobucket and not even worry about resizing them before you upload them to photobucket.

Does that make sense?

Let me know if you need anything else.

~Lacey

Quote:
Thanks Lacey! That made perfect sense. I have been downloading pictures into photobucket tonight and resizing them. Whew.....a long process. It's going to take a while to organize 9 months of photos of my flock. The next step is to do a trial run to see if I can transfer them from photobucket to the site.

WOW! Only 6 Mac computers in the house! My husband won't use anything else. I am slowly finding my way around on it....fumbling.

Thanks again! I appreciate it!

Kim

Back
Top Bottom