1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Help Quick!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pjquail, Aug 7, 2014.

1. pjquail

pjquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2014
    I'm currently incubating 2 dz. Georgia Giant Bobwhite Quail eggs and need help! They have been in the incubator for approx. 12 hours with a humidity level of 45-50% and a temp. of 99-100 F, but some times the temp. rises to 102 F- is that a major problem??
    I've heard from a couple people that temperature is crucial! If its at 98-99 F the birds could hatch too late and die of weakness and sickness (?) and if they are at a temp. of 101-102 F they will hatch too early and die of deformation and "prematureness". Is any of this true? This has really been stressing me out, I'm afraid my baby birds will die because this is my first time hatching.
    PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE [​IMG]

2. swimmerchick

swimmerchick Out Of The Brooder

I am sorry i can not help you i DO NOT DO QUAIL!!!! I know that there are lots of quail people out there. I am quiet good with chickens however and judging by chicks The quail may over heat a little bit

3. pjquail

pjquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2014
    Okay thanks for your advice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by