Need help quickly

scrambled6

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
We woke up this morning to one of our chickens fluttering wildly in a circle unable to stand or control movements. She is pulling her head towards neck when startled. Other symptoms include general listlessness, eyes closed, not eating or drinking, very minimal chirps. No other physical symptoms. We separated her from the other chicks, have been giving her a vitamin-electrolyte supplement and are keeping her wrapped in a warm towel which seems to help the flailing. I have no idea what this is or how to treat it--any help would be appreciated.

no--there are no local poultry vets available.
hmmm, It's kind of hard to identify what it is without any regular disease or injury symptoms
hmm.png

Sorry you are going through this. Try a search on here if you cannot reach a vet. Try Mareks or wry neck and see if the symptoms match; I cannot tell you-no expereince with these afflictions.

Last edited:
They are only about 3weeks old. COuld this be Marek's? I'm afraid of the other chicks being exposed.

Okay--she just had a BM, very, very foul smelling, brownish with what looked blood-tinged followed by pasty yellow poop.???

Back
Top Bottom